Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ek Chhoti-si Crush Story...

(Warning: For a change, this post is not the result of my wacky imagination...It is based on true rumours and facts...)

Bahot saal pehle
...When I was in 8th Standard, I joined one coaching class for the first time in my life… Being a student from Boys’ High-school, I was always deprived of opportunities to have a look at girls during the lecture…I utilized this chance to enjoy co-education so well, that I got spectacles during the same year…

Within a month, I found out that a girl was staring at me constantly…And I wasted no time in reciprocating her initiative…As my eyes refused to blink while looking at her, my heart used to beat at a faster rate…Yes…We were a perfect mismatch for each other…She was so beautiful and also pathetic at studies…(that’s why this is called ‘crush’…where you pledge your brain without any consideration…and you don’t give a damn about compatibility)…My friends had a firm opinion that…Either she might have had bad eyesight…or She was suffering from insanity…I didn’t care about this and continued to enjoy this game of staring without blinking…

That was the age to do some stupid things…On the dangerous day of Raksha-bandhan, I remained absent in class…as I wasn’t sure of Kidaas that her or my friends would resort to…During Navaratra days, my friend told me that she comes to play Daandiya - everyday in the next galli…To have just one zalak of her playing Daandiya…That night, I fought with my parents...later I literally begged…to allow me to go there…As Jamaana is always Jaalim since old bollywood days…my parents stood like a deewar between me and their would-be Bahu

After the lecture, I used to stand outside the class…And she used to stand there with her friends…I never moved from there, until she left for her home…I gave such type of ‘standing’ ovation everyday, hoping to have good ‘standing’ in her mind…
Once my friend asked one of her friends…what was on her mind about me…And instead of helping me out, her friend advised me to ask her directly…Being a perennial-fattu, I never took the initiative…and these Aankhon ki gustakhiyaa never blossomed into a complete script…
Next year, she didn’t join the same class…And I was waiting for her…hoping for her late admission…She didn’t turn up…Either she must have got bored of staring at each other….or she might have got a new spectacle…'New-Clear vision'…

Kuchh Saal Baad…I saw her many times within a short period of time…on her scooty, each time with different guy…Initially I thought…She might have given just a ‘Lift’ to those guys...But this optimistic thought failed to 'lift' my morale up…And my search is still on...
Bhagwaan…Ab to muze ‘lift’ karaa de!!

5 comments:

Joanne D'Souza said...

Yo!! tumhara yeh dard-bhara, khati-meethi story padh ke mere hothon pe hassi and aakhon mein aansu aa gaye!

and though ur first crush story was crushed, don't lose hope... someone somewhere is made for you... hogi tere criteria mein fit aanewali bhi koi...

(girls/boys if u think you are the someone who is made for yogesh then pls do not apply unless you have read, understood and accepted the rules & criteria.. Refer to post titled "My 1st encounter… with my would-be wife!!") :)

@Yo.. will this be counted as in-comment advtg???

Smita Bhandarkar said...

"Pledging one's brain widout any consideration and nt givng a damn abt compatibility" only u cud hv come up wid such a defn fr crush :D
Well, ab tak tere life main jo sune din the bahut jald hi khatam ho jayenge shayad...reasn being ur writng skills and imagination tht keep improvng + jo's perfect advt for u...
infact shes takn care of the details too by tellng evry1 to hv a luk at ur criteria wala post so tht u r nt bothrd by incompatible applicants ;)

Vishal - Wishes 4 all said...

dude... the story was good but i guess there was a lot to add... which u did not... and ur crushing story ounds incomplete...

n e ways... expecting a better crashing story next time...

it was fun reading thing one , especially - The definition of crush...."Pledging one's brain widout any consideration and nt givng a damn abt compatibility"...

....wallah....

Anonymous said...

Hey...liked ur definition about 'crush', but m afraid I don't agree! :D
anywys, it was a very amusing post, as always!
gud luck wid ur search for a perfect crush and keep us updated on the same! ;)

Deepak Chaudhary said...

u didnt mention anything abt girl, so its hard to imagine the chemistry between u ppl...

may be that girl expected u to do more than just staring....When u were writing this blog, 'other' guys wasted no time in grabbing the opportunity.

Anyways. I m sure there must be many crush stories running parallel.

- Deepak chaudhary
mobilewest.blogspot.com
gettube.blogspot.com