Friday, August 15, 2008

Life-Story : 2050...

Everyday I write my experiences, thoughts in my diary…This is the futuristic projection of my diary and Year is 2050!!

Here are the excerpts from my diary…

Date: 1St April

Today is the 1st day of new financial year…Since morning, I was thinking of how companies and stock market would perform in this New Year… Suddenly I got a reminder on my black-berry (people keep telling me this is the time to change my old-age black-berry phone...which I had purchased in 2010…But I am not going to buy a new phone until its book value reduces to zero…and it will never…as I have adopted Written Down Value Method!)… Ah! So reminder was saying…Today is our Wedding Anniversary!!...and I had completely forgotten about that…I quickly called my wife…I wished her for so many years of strategic alliance with me… As a part of celebrations, we had dinner with other family members at home, while watching CNBC show…We all enjoyed debating on Stock Market movements…That was the most economical and inexpensive celebration one could have!!

17th May

Today we (family members) had a post-dinner meeting to discuss the necessary steps to educate my grand-daughters SEBI and Nifty…We want them to be in the field of finance according to our family tradition…Hence we decided to buy a Stock Market Simulation Game for SEBI who will be in 4th standard this year (while her classmates were still playing Need for Speed)…And we thought that Charts of ABCD, fruits and vegetables are of no use for Nifty who will be in 1st standard this year…We need to replace those charts with stock charts…so that she can get a feel of stock market movements…Tomorrow I am going to teach her Financial ABCD…A for Amortization…B for Balance Sheet…C for Cost-Sheet…D for Derivatives…E for EPS…F for Futures…and so on…

19th June

Tonight, after appearing for weekly ET test conducted within our family, SEBI and Nifty insisted for a bedtime story. I told them the stories of double-digit inflation and crude oil prices in our times…They were so thrilled to listen to those stories…They went to sleep, only when I promised to tell them Harshad Mehta’s and Ketan Parkeh’s Stories next day...

6th July

SEBI baby came to me and said “Dude!! (Dadaji is a thing of past…) Would you do my homework?”…I agreed to do it..I was surprised to know that she had subjects like Marketing and HR in 4th standard!! I did her homework, which is as follows:

Mktg Qn: If you have to re-brand “khaki-vardi” of police with new name, what would it be?

Answer: ‘Note-Worthy”!

HR Qn: State any Universal Law of Human Behaviour…

Answer: Every beautiful girl has a brother who is over-protective of her sister, but at the same time can flirt with sisters of remaining brothers in the world…And every beautiful girl has a father who thinks that no one in this world is eligible to marry his daughter.

G.K. Qn: If a mouse is afraid of a Cat, then Cat is afraid of whom?

Answer: Curiosity…because Curiosity kills the cat…

I am sure SEBI will get maximum marks for this home assignment...

4th August

These are the Headlines in today’s newspaper:

-Sachin wants to play next World Cup…He wants Team India to win atleast 1 World Cup in his career

-Dev-aanand announced his next movie…”Censor –Part 10”…His heroine will be 16-year old girl…

-Mr.L.K. Adwani would be BJP’s PM candidate for next election

-India will become super-power by 2100 – President

23rd October

I had a heated argument with my wife over economic conditions of India…and she didn’t talk to me for the rest of the day…Finally I told her…”See…in the past, we had such heated arguments twice…and when I tried to persuade you, we had Nasdaq (my son) and Nikkei (my daughter)…and now I don’t want to launch another Index in our family…!!”

8th November

Today is Nikkei’s birthday…I gifted her a Warren Buffett‘s book…As she turned 30 today…I asked her what type of boy(?) she would prefer to marry…She replied,” I want a husband who is 3-4 years elder to me…He must be a CEO…must be financially settled… His earnings should enable me to have a ‘comfortable life’…He should be tall, dark (not really!) and handsome… If his house is located at western suburbs, then sone pe suhaagaa…And I am ready to wait till I find such guy…Why should I settle for less?”…I scratched my bald head and thought…”This is 2050…but criteria have remained the same for girls…”

18 comments:

Smita Bhandarkar said...

First of all a big round of applause fr ur wacky imagination!!!!Secondly, i hv noticed tht u hv very strategically chosen d dates u hv used ;) n finally wht an articl!! i thoroughly enjyd readng it and i m sure ths artcl will be well appreciated in d future too esp by ur daughters nikkei n nasdaq n ur grandaughtrs SEBI n NIFTY...btw u ll need to expand ur horizons to intnl stock exchanges evn more if u decide to hv more kids!!! :D

Joanne D'Souza said...

We’ve seen the traditional ABCD and in this blog we were introduced to the financial ABCD... Inspired as I am, here’s my version of the ABCD... I call it the “Praise for Yo’s Blog” ABCD:
A for Amazing, B for Brilliant, C for Clever, D for Delightful, E for Entertaining, F for Fun, G for Great, H for Humourous , I for Imaginative... and so on...

And I have absolutely no doubts that if your wife agrees, all children in your family will be named after major Stock Indices of the world!

Joanne D'Souza said...

Oh and also, I think you missed a few major headlines...
1. Rajnikant’s latest movie superhit – record opening for first day first show...
2. Aamir Khan awarded the “Lifetime Achievement Award” – skips this award function too
3. Yuvraj’s Mother not happy with latest girlfriend
4. Harman Baweja to direct remake of Love Story 2050
5. RGV challenges people to watch his scariest movie ever – 50th remake of Sholay...

Kau............. said...

Even in todays falling market any broker would smile after reading this blog.

I just miss the dates logic which smita mentioned.

Whether it is 2008 or 2050 you know whom to contact for all useless gossips ( News as u mentioned).

I am not sure about my financial interest @ 2050 but if this round of blogs continue there would be many more people reading this. Many who even don't know what is Index.

Abhijeet said...

hats off for ur visionary thinking and ur imaginations !!
it was like yet another revolutionary creativity from ur whacky brain..
it was a great reading ,keep writing !!!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...
1. Kindly add more details on Mrs. Belekar who u proposed to in the Udipi restaurant (with ring in sambhar) in 2008... Is she being appreciated?
2. When i come to visit u, i'll bring a Finance-Hindi dictionary... or even better: a translator
3. Point no. 2 gives me biz idea: ppl always wanna learn new languages. u can start classes for ppl (especially HR ppl like me) to learn the 'Finance' language.
4. For Nikkei, there's the option of Smita's son, but it will be an inter-functional marriage.
But it's ok.. the marketing community is nice too.. waise bhi zamaana badal gaya hai. inter-functional marriage isn't taboo anymore.
5. Give my love to SEBI and NIFTY.

Unknown said...

Btw... Shall i speak to Smita about her son and Nikkei?
Remember, inter-functional marriage will lead to cross-functional grandchildren for u.

Yogesh said...

Garima...I wud hav customarily said.."Nahiii..ye shaadi nahi ho sakti..." as it is against our family tradition of finance...but I can't oppose to this marriage..as 'Jamaana' wud hav changed a lot in 2050!!...and there is another reason to accept Smi as "my daughter's Mother-in-law"..there is a stock index called as 'SMI'...Swiss Market Index...another Index in our extended family!!

Bleeding words said...

This is awesome and your imagination is out of my imagination

Greak work

Keep doing

Cheers

Rewardshut.com said...

Great work Dude,

Admin
www.mymp3db.com

Perv Cookie said...

Wow, someone who actually writes a daily account. Naat Byaad at all!

Unknown said...

You sound like a true finance soul now!!! But to think of it by 2050 wont there be any changes in the indices and exchanges? Well lets wait n watch ... maybe even u can make a re-writeup of your LIFE-Story 2050 in year 2050 based on comparison of budgeted (forecasted) vs actuals!!!

Cheers to your efforts!!

Keep blogging!!

Deepak Chaudhary said...

आईशप्पथ खुपच छान !!

But following can be the लोचा.

1) In 2050, ur BlackBerry wud become completely जुना as the company will stop providing services to the model existed in 2010.

2) written-down method probably wont exist in 2050. नया methods like "Burned down method" or "Printed down method" may replace it.

3)ढासू names for grand-daughters. but dont u think SEBI will try 2 regulate NIFTY ?

4)Oh Come on!! HR wont exist in 2050. They will have RR (Robot Resources).

5)India will become superpower much b4 2100, in 2020. but by that time china wil become super-duper power & US will become Ultimate power.

6)Well, u said Nikkei is 30 yrs old in 8 nov 2050. So she must have borned in 8 nov 2020. (i mean u had heated argument with ur wife on 8 feb 2020).

2050 is probably not the वक़्त to make "heated arguments" with ur wife & create new index (or indices) especially after taking such a huge gap.

7)Few things are too "financial" to be understood by आम आदमी. Plz mention मतलब of special words.

Anyways Good work. असेच लिहित रहा !!

- iDeep
http://mobilewest.blogspot.com/
http://gettube.blogspot.com/

Cяystal said...

omG.!
I love it!!

Anonymous said...

hey amazing blog!! what an imagination!

Unknown said...

Wowwwwwwwww!!!!Amazing man!
where does it all come from........i had a gala time reading it!.......trust me, i am a real fan of urs!

Unknown said...

hey yogesh!!!! thts simply gr8.....hats off to u man...... ur imagination is simply awesome..... now me too fan of u.......

Unknown said...

Brilliant !!!
Gawd u actually thot so so much!!!
Really v nice :)
M sure m going to follow ur blog v often... keep writing :)